Towards child beggary free, child labour free Kerala
- Triggered by the child beggary/labour incidents in connection with the Sabarimala pilgrimage
- Piloted in Pathanamthitta District
- Extended to four more districts
- Project components :
- Rescue officers at DCPU level, in collaboration with departments of Home, Labour, LSG etc and society.
- Field visits to identify children
- DNA test identify the person accompanying the child and necessary legal actions.
- Rehabilitation with the help of CCIs
- 65 children rescued so far